LOAN PERIODS & FINES
- Books:Ilion Free Public Library offers a full range of adult and children’s books. Books circulate for 3 weeks. There is a $.15 per day late fee for adults and $.10 per day for children.
- Audio Tapes / CD: Spoken books on audio tape and CD have the same loan period and late fee policy as regular books. There is a $.15 per day late fee for spoken books.
- DVD’S: DVD’s owned by Ilion Library circulate for one week with no lending fee. Ilion DVD’s may only be checked out to an adult on an adult card (limit 3). DVD’s are not not be handled by minors. There is a $1.00 per day late fee for DVDs.
- Musicnet: Musicnet consists of a collection of music CDs that rotates monthly from Mid-York. These CDs circulate for 7 days at no charge. There is a $.15 per day late fee for musicnet CDs. Limit of 5 per family.
- News Papers / Magazines: Certain daily newspapers are available for perusal at the library. These items do not circulate. Magazines circulate for 2 weeks. There is a $.15 per day late fee for magazines.
- Mid-York System: As part of the Mid-York library system, Ilion Library is able to access books not found on its shelves. Requests may be placed at the main desk or online.
- Interlibrary Loan: If a desired item is not available within the Mid-York system, an interlibrary loan may be requested from outside the system. This type of request may be placed at the main desk and may require a $3.00 postage fee.
For Juveniles (Patrons under the age of 18) there is a $3.00 fine limit. For Adults, the fine limit is $5.00. Those with fines above this amount may not take out items.
Renewals are taken over the phone. They may also be made using the Mid-York Catalog. Items with hold requests may not be renewed. Renewals are at the discretion of the library staff.
Through the auspices of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the library offers Internet access as well as Microsoft Office, numerous reference programs and children’s games on 5 PCs. Time on these computers is restricted to 30 minutes up to 1 1/2 hours per person per day. No offensive material is permitted. Black and white printing is available at a charge of $.15 per page. Color printing is available at $.25 a page.
(Approved by the Board of Trustees June 2001. Revised December 2001. Revised April 2002.) The Ilion Free Public Library provides public access to the Internet and the public computers in keeping with its role in providing equal access to information and resources to meet the educational and recreational needs of the community. The library has no control over the information on the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. Any restrictions of a child’s access to the Internet are the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian, as is the case with other materials in the library’s collections The library reserves the right to set time limits, schedules, or ask users to limit their time on the computer. The library is not responsible for Internet or computer problems. Persons using the Internet and computer files will abide by library policies or lose their right to use the Internet and computer at the library. Prohibited activities: Includes, but are not limited to: images and text unsuitable for public viewing, Hacking, Damaging equipment, Copyright violations, Illegal commerce, Inappropriate and/or loud behavior.
Computer Printing: Black & White printing available for $0.15 per page. Color printing available for $0.25 per page Copies: (Assistance is available) 8.5 x 11 — Black & White — $0.20 per page 8.5 x 14 — Black & White — $0.20 per page 11 X 17 — Black & White — $0.25 per page
Historical Room: The historical room has its own schedule of hours and is open Monday through Friday. Assistance is available for local history research. Hours are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm schedule.
OTHER IMPORTANT RULES TO REMEMBER
No cell phones permitted in the library. Please turn all pagers or cellular phones off or to silent. Children under 10 should not be left unsupervised.